We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for people with disabilities, for example, automatic doors or elevators, Pembina Pipeline Corporation will notify members and the public. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services if available. This notice will be placed on entrance doors to our premises.
Training for Employees
Pembina will provide training to employees who deal with our members, the public or other stakeholders. All employees located in Ontario will be provided with training and pertinent reference materials through our in house computer based Pembina Learning System.
The training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Pembina’s plan related to customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Pembina’s goods and services.
- Employee will be trained also when changes are made to the plan.
Those who wish to provide feedback on the way Pembina provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback by email, telephone or letter. All feedback or complaints should be directed to Senior Manager, Human Resources. Response can be expected within 10 business days.
Attn: Accessibility – Senior Manager, Human Resources
3800, 525 – 8th
Notice of Availability
Pembina will notify the public that our policies are available upon request and are posted on the Pembina’s website.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Pembina that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.