Our information circular provides additional information about our corporate governance practices while our Shareholder Rights Plan provides details on how investors are protected in the event of a corporate takeover.
Pembina’s Board of Directors provides guidance to Pembina’s executive team, sets corporate policy and ensures Pembina maintains regulatory requirements and ethical business practices.
The Board meets a minimum of four times each year.
Additional details on our approach to governance, with a focus on sustainability, can be found in our sustainability section.
Inclusion & Diversity
Pembina's Board of Directors includes:
Commitment to High Standards
Pembina manages corporate governance in several ways, including:
- Operating with an independent Chairman of the Board
- Independent directors. 11 of the 12 Board members are independent within the meaning of Canadian securities laws
- Directors are elected by the shareholders and stand for reappointment each year at the Company's annual general meeting
- The Governance, Nominating and Corporate Social Responsibility Committee has a process to nominate directors and assess their performance on an ongoing basis
- Every Board member is required to certify compliance with the company's Code of Ethics and corporate policies
- The Human Resources, Health and Compensation Committee has a formal succession planning process in place for the CEO and other members of Pembina's executive team
- New directors receive a company orientation, which includes a strategic review and risk analysis
- At least once per year, the Board participates in a strategy session to review the Company's operational activities and future growth opportunities
Board Responsibilities and Corporate Policies
- Audit Committee Charter
- Board Charter
- Board Diversity Policy
- Corporate Governance Guidelines
- Director Independence Guidelines
- Governance, Nominating & Corporate Social Responsibility Committee Charter
- Human Resources, Health and Compensation Committee Charter
- Majority Voting Policy
- Position Description - Board Chair
- Safety, Environment & Operational Excellence Committee Charter
Pembina is committed to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct in all activities. Our reputation for honesty and integrity among our stakeholders is key to the success of our business. Hosted by a third-party service provider, EthicsPoint, the Hotline provides a confidential, accessible tool for anyone wanting to report a concern, or ask a question.
Make an online report: pembina.ethicspoint.com
Toll-free Whistleblower line in Canada and the US: 1-855-375-6799
After you complete your report you will be assigned a unique code called a "report key." Write down your report key and password and keep them in a safe place. After six business days, use your report key and password to check your report for feedback or questions.