We have a strong track record of safe and reliable operations, protecting the environment, supporting communities in which we operate, and working with Indigenous communities to create mutually beneficial relationships.
Sustainability is in service of all of our stakeholders: customers, communities, employees, and investors.
- Employees – Our employees want to work for a company that’s forward-looking. They want to feel comfortable showing up as their authentic selves and want to see themselves represented at all levels of the organization.
- Investors - Our investors expect us to demonstrate how we’re transitioning to a lower carbon economy all while providing competitive financial returns.
- Communities - Our communities expect us to partner with them to provide local economic benefits and to protect environmental and cultural resources.
- Customers - Our customers need us to help them as they transition to a lower carbon economy while still ensuring the safety and reliability of our assets.
Together, with all of our stakeholders, we will continue to create a culture that fosters safety, values all people, celebrates diversity, and creates a healthier and more sustainable future for all.
- Scott Burrows, President and CEO
Read our ESG Data & Reports.
To determine which sustainability-related areas are of highest priority to our business we have taken a deliberate and robust approach to identify our material focus areas* , using a third-party materiality assessment that included broad engagement with capital markets and other stakeholders. Based on the results of this assessment, we have organized our report into six sustainability focus areas.
*The terms “material”, “materiality” and “materiality assessment” are used specifically in this report to identify the sustainability topics that we believe are important to our stakeholders. These definitions may not be the same as the meaning of “material” pursuant to applicable securities legislation.